Seminole HS PTSA Mission
- To support and speak on behalf of Children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
We invite you to become a member and work with us this year. By joining PTSA, you add your voice to a powerful national organization that advocates for all of our children. At Seminole, the members of PTSA collaborate with administration, guidance, teachers, and other student and parent groups to help enrich the experiences of students, bring valuable resources to parents, and assist the teachers and staff who give so much to our kids each day.
General Meetings are held as required by our bylaws 3 times per year in the Media Center on the main campus where voting rights may be exercised by the general membership. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our meetings are now being held online using Zoom technology. We invite you to contact our new board with fresh ideas and opportunities to volunteer at SHS.PTSA@gmail.com
We would love to have your join and actively participate the Seminole High School PTSA by simply completing our online application - click here. There is a fee to join, we also accept cash and checks. Payments should be given to Ms. Jones in Warriror Hall or Ms. York at the 9th Grade Center Administration Office.
- SHS PTSA Teacher Grant Application - Seminole High School teachers, did you know that you can apply for a PTSA grant if you are a member? Please submit a completed application and submit to Ms. Jones in Warrior, Ms. York at the 9th Grade Center Administration Office, or email to SHS.PTSA@gmail.com. To download the application - click here.
- SHS College & Career Center - The College & Career Center helps students and parents with their college search, career decision & scholarship selection. The purpose of this center is to provide college preparation guidance, scholarship information, match available scholarships with participating student profiles, and to share tips on essay writing and resume building.
- Our knowledge base is accessible online via a Google Drive link: http://bit.ly/shscollegecenter, and we welcome everyone to use this information. The link contains an abundance of information on financial aid, college applications, college visits, internship programs, college planning and more.
- Feel free to view our college roadmap which will help you reach your college goals by advising on what you should do each year while you are in high school - click here.
- Senior Painted Parking Spaces - 2021 Senior Painted Parking Spaces are sold out! Thank you to all the seniors who joined SHS PTSA and bought Senior Parking Spaces! We’ll send out information about how to purchase 2022 Senior Painted Parking Spaces after this school year ends.
- Reflections - Do you enjoy art, music, and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films, and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme is “I Will Change the World By.” For guidelines in English & in Spanish and an entry form.
- For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
- Entries must be submitted by November 5th Friday at the front office for both campuses or email to firstname.lastname@example.org depends on the categories.
- Got questions or need more information? Please send an email to email@example.com.
PTSA Board Members
- President: Vanessa Breedlove
- Vice President: Cynthia Jones
- Recording Secretary: Polly DeLucia
- Corresponding Secretary: Karen Mazzola
- Treasurer: Stacey Rogus
- Administrative Liason: Shelly Prom (Assistant Principal)
Find your niche on a committee. This year's committees include:
- Budget Committee (includes Teacher Mini Grants)
- Membership Committee
- Hospitality Committee (Teacher/Staff Appreciation)
- Mr. and Miss Seminole High School Junior Scholarhip Program
- Reflections (Art) Program
- Senior Parking Painting
- Student Success Committee (includes College & Scholarship Center)
- PTSA Scholarship