DUAL ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
Summer Term 2022 Deadlines: Application and Registration Priority Deadline: April 22, 2022
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2022
**Steps to Apply**
SSC Dual Enrollment and Early College:
- Complete the SSC Dual Enrollment Application. Save a PDF document.
- submit2 the completed application to your school counselor (email or in person).
- If you have qualifying SAT or ACT scores, please request an official score report from College Board or ACT and select SSC as the receiving institution. If you do not have qualifying scores, you can register to take the PERT or Accuplacer with SSC at Assessment and Testing.
- Review the Course Equivalency List and the SSC Course Catalog to select courses.
- Complete SSC Dual Enrollment Registration Form; save as PDF
- Use the Dual Enrollment Course Approval and Textbook App in Clever to request approval for your courses and obtain your textbook voucher for SSC.
- After your courses are approved:
Print TWO copies of the 868 textbook form generated from the Dual Enrollment App
- submit2 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at SSC - one copy of the 868 textbook form from the app and the saved Seminole State Registration Form
- Present the other printed copy of the 868 textbook form to SSC Barnes & Noble College Bookstore staff member along with your SSC schedule (located on the SSC campus) to receive your textbook(s). Please be sure to state that you are a SCPS Dual Enrollment Student. Review the Getting Your Materials site for more information.
**RETURNING DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS COMPLETE STEPS 4-9**
The Dual Enrollment Program allows qualified students to take college classes and earn credit toward high school and an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree, Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or a career certificate at the same time.
The Dual Enrollment Program is governed by Florida Statute, the Florida Department of Education and an articulation agreement between Seminole County schools or a private school and Seminole State College. Please see the Florida Department of Education Dual Enrollment FAQ document for more detailed information.
Through this program, students can experience the challenge of college-level courses while they are still in high school. Seminole State offers two dual enrollment paths:
- Academic Dual Enrollment Path: Fulfills General Education courses toward an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree. The A.A. degree is guaranteed to transfer to any Florida public institution and complete the General Education requirements of that institution. A cumulative, unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 is required for this program.
- Career Dual Enrollment Path: Fulfills credit toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or career certificate that may lead into an A.S. degree in select programs such as Criminal Justice, Computers, Business, and Pharmacy Tech. Students may enroll in Career Dual Enrollment with a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA. However, if the A.S. program requires General Education courses, students must have a 3.0 GPA to take those courses.
Check out our Dual Enrollment Presentation given by SSC - Click Here
Check out the SHS Dual Enrollment Presentation - Click Here
SCPS Dual Enrollment . Congratulations on taking steps to become a dual enrollment or early admissions student! Your school counselor can help you to determine eligibility, discuss course options, and complete an application.